Tag Archives: quarrelsome wife

STOP THE NAGGING

What is nagging? A repeated request for something to be done which the other person ignores or trivialises. They get annoyed and you also get annoyed. And so the dance goes on. 93% of the time nagging is used to refer to boisterous, loud, demanding wives. But we also have men who nag. They make up the remaining 7%. If it is not working, conventional wisdom says change the method or the approach or just drop it. Stop the nagging. Unless what you want done is critical and earth-shaking. It will get you nowhere apart from causing the other person, usually your spouse, to despise you. Nagging introduces tension. Nagging poisons the atmosphere. Nagging stifles conversation. Nagging suffocates friendship. Nagging wastes energy and sucks the fun out of marriage. Nagging is a spoiler!! According to various versions of the Bible, nagging is described as being bitter-tongued, being a brawler, quarrelsome, contentious, argumentative, indulging in bickering! Proverbs 21:9 ESV It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife. Do you wish to have any of those adjectives applied to you? Why not make your request once or twice and trust …